Wednesday, October 7, 2015

October Scrap Around the World layout

Scrap Around The World blog has a great moodboard this month, with vibrant colors as I like :


It inspired me to create this layout about the Blue Mosque in Istanbul :


As you can see, I use a stencil (TCW) with a dark blue pen (faber-Castell) to spice up the red paper from the Old World stack (DCWV). I distress the edges with Black sooth distress ink (Ranger), and add Gold Mine and Buddy Muddy Texturez paste (Shimmerz Paints) over stencils (TCW).
The blue border was cut from an Old World paper (DCWV) with a Sizzix die.


I fussy cut the picture, and mat it with a light yellow paper (Luxury stack by DCWV) that I mist with  Gold glimmer mist (Tattered Angels), and different washi tapes (Tim Holtz, We R Memory Keepers). 
I let run some Black Magic glimmer mist (Tattered Angels) along the washi tapes, and mist Gold glimmer mist all over the layout.
The title was cut from the same paper than the border.


It was a lot of work (especially stenciling with pen...), but I love the result ! I hpe you like it too...

See you soon !

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness - that red background is stunning! I love your stencilling and the contrast of blue against the red. Thanks for joining in at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red in your layout! It is so vibrant! Great job on the background! Thanks for playing along with us at SATW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow !! It's fantastic, I love all the details !! Thank you for playing at SATW :)
    Lydie Denis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing LO! Thank you for playing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful layout! Love the contrast! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great backgrouna and amazing layout! Thank you for playing at SATW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Preciosos, preciosos, precioso, que pasada si parece un cuadro!!! Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete